PLANT CITY SKATE PARK
SKATE PARK RULES – CLICK HERE
- Plant City Skate Park opened May, 2004
- Located within Mike Sansone Park
GPS Coordinates: Lat: 28o 01′ 52.00″ N Long: 82o 06′ 06.50″ W
- Skate Park is staffed during hours of operation below. Those entering the Skate Park when it is closed will be trespassed.
- Hours of operation:
- Summer hours:
- Sunday through Saturday: 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- School months:
- Monday through Friday: 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Saturday, Sunday and school holidays: 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Closes early: Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve
- Closed on these holidays: New Year’s Day, Dr. MLK Day, Easter Sunday, July 4th, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
- Closed when wet, for approaching inclement weather and when posted closed as needed due to unforseen circumstances (unavailable staff, safety repairs to equipment, etc.)
- Summer hours:
- All users must fill out the registration form and sign the waiver on it. Minors under age 18 must have a parent/guardian sign the waiver. Click here for a sample registration form and waiver.
- Available for use by anyone who has completed the registration form, has the appropriate signature(s) on the waiver and paid the use fee below:
- $25 Annual Passes are available at the Recreation & Parks Department administrative office, 1904 South Park Road, weekdays from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Closed weekends and holidays.
- $3 Day Passes are available at the Skate Park during operating hours.
- Skate Park rules (linked above) require anyone within the fenced area to wear an approved helmet with strap attached. Pads are recommended but not required.
- Appropriate behavior is expected. Those creating problems will be trespassed.
- 8,520 square feet (120′ x 71′) fenced concrete area
- Modular components are professionally designed by Spohn. Their specialized layout (shown below) includes:
- half pipe, quarter pipe and banked wedge with 4′ deep deck
- three-sided pyramid with full planter, standard fun box with half kinked grind rail, fun box with half planter
- banked wedge with 4′ deep deck, quarter pipe with 4′ deep deck
- all component frames constructed of steel, hot dip galvanized after welding to prevent rust problems
- 5/8″ polyethylele, waterproof, sound dampening, adds structural rigidity and ideal flex characteristics, superior degree of shock absorbency
- Skatelite Pro withstands weather and high impacts, Does not chip or rust, become sticky or intolerably hot in the sun
- 4″ grind strips, galvanized approach plates, fully enclosed galvanized metal panels to seal offunderstructure, heavy duty adjustable mounting plates.
Plant City Skate Park Address:
E Sansone Blvd, Plant City, FL 33563, USA
SKATE PARK SPRING/SUMMER HOURS
9 AM TO 9 PM (Weather Permitting)
Plant City Skate Park Hours
Skate park hours: listed above
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Skateboarding, in-line skating, and BMX freestyle biking are “High Risk Activities”. Wear a helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, and wrist guards at all times. (Know your ability and skate or ride accordingly.)
2. The skate park is a skate or ride at your own risk non-supervised facility designed for skateboarding (34″ maximum length), in-line skating (4-wheel maximum per skate), and BMX freestyle biking only.
3. The skate park hours will be posted at the entry. The Plant City City “No Trespassing” ordinance will be enforced when the park is closed.
4. Motorized vehicles, scooters, or other wheeled devices are not allowed within the skate park.
5. Inspect the surfaces before you ride them. Remove all trash, debris, and objects that may prevent a smooth safe ride. Report any damage of skate park surfaces to the Plant City City Parks and Recreation Department
6. No skating or riding when wet, raining, snowing or during skate park maintenance periods.
7. Graffiti in the skate park is illegal and will not be tolerated. Keep the park surfaces clean as graffiti and abuse will close the park for paint removal and repairs.
8. This park has been designed for beginner to intermediate skill levels. Be courteous to others using the facility and other park patrons. Parental supervision is strongly recommended.
9. Profanity, reckless and boisterous behavior is prohibited.
10. No competitive or demonstration events or amplified music are allowed withoFL prior written approval from the Plant City City Parks and Recreation Department.
11. Smoking, illegal drug use and consumption of alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited.
12. Public restrooms and telephones are located at the scorekeepers building (seasonally).
13. Violations of any of these rules or regulations may result in closing of the skate park facility,and/or violators may be ejected and banned from the facility.
A concrete park of decent size.. good for beginners and experts alike..
Go Skate does not oversee this park. Skate at your own personal liability. Wear proper head, elbow, elbow, and wrist protection at all times. Go Skate will not be liable for injury at these parks. For more questions above detailed guidelines at this park, call the town recreation department staff.
Go Skate offers skateboard lessons at Plant City Skatepark. If you are getting hurt a lot then you may want to consider taking a lesson with Go Skate, The Nation’s Elite Skateboard Lesson Service. Plant City Skate Lessons
Directions to Skate Park:
- 'No new videos.'