Coonskin Park is located 10 minutes from downtown Charleston, WV. Exit 99 off I-64, Route 114 North (Greenbrier Street) 2.5 miles, turn left on Coonskin Drive, Park entrance 1 mile. It features over a thousand acres of woodland, hiking and biking trails, a handicapped accessible 18 hole par three golf course, an Olympic size pool, picnic shelters of all sizes, tennis courts, sand volleyball courts, bike rentals, pedal boat rentals and a modern playground area. Meeting and reception room rentals are also available. Coonskin also has a modern amphitheater, 2000 seat soccer stadium and a Wedding Garden.
Programs throughout the year include numerous golf events, athletic events, children’s events, nature activities, birding, concerts and a winter light display.
—–From: http://www.kcprc.com/skate_park.htm ———
Coonskin Park – Charleston Skate Park Address:
2000 Coonskin Dr, Charleston, WV 25311
Charleston Skate Park Hours
Skate park hours: dusk til dawn
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Skateboarding, in-line skating, and BMX freestyle biking are “High Risk Activities”. Wear a helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, and wrist guards at all times. (Know your ability and skate or ride accordingly.)
2. The skate park is a skate or ride at your own risk non-supervised facility designed for skateboarding (34″ maximum length), in-line skating (4-wheel maximum per skate), and BMX freestyle biking only.
3. The skate park hours will be posted at the entry. The Charleston City “No Trespassing” ordinance will be enforced when the park is closed.
4. Motorized vehicles, scooters, or other wheeled devices are not allowed within the skate park.
5. Inspect the surfaces before you ride them. Remove all trash, debris, and objects that may prevent a smooth safe ride. Report any damage of skate park surfaces to the Charleston City Parks and Recreation Department
6. No skating or riding when wet, raining, snowing or during skate park maintenance periods.
7. Graffiti in the skate park is illegal and will not be tolerated. Keep the park surfaces clean as graffiti and abuse will close the park for paint removal and repairs.
8. This park has been designed for beginner to intermediate skill levels. Be courteous to others using the facility and other park patrons. Parental supervision is strongly recommended.
9. Profanity, reckless and boisterous behavior is prohibited.
10. No competitive or demonstration events or amplified music are allowed without prior written approval from the Charleston City Parks and Recreation Department.
11. Smoking, illegal drug use and consumption of alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited.
12. Public restrooms and telephones are located at the scorekeepers building (seasonally).
13. Violations of any of these rules or regulations may result in closing of the skate park facility,and/or violators may be ejected and banned from the facility.
A concrete park of decent size.. good for beginners and experts alike..
Go Skate does not oversee this park. Skate at your own personal liability. Wear proper head, elbow, elbow, and wrist protection at all times. Go Skate will not be liable for injury at these parks. For more questions above detailed guidelines at this park, call the town recreation department staff.
Go Skate offers skateboard lessons at Charleston Skatepark. If you are getting hurt a lot then you may want to consider taking a lesson with Go Skate, The Nation’s Elite Skateboard Lesson Service. Charleston Skate Lessons
Directions to Skate Park:
- 'No new videos.'