LEARN SKATEBOARDING IN A WEEK-LONG SCHOOL
- Over 2,100+ Students taught in San Jose, Santa Clara, Los Gatos, Mountain View, Saratoga, Cupertino, Milpitas, and the nearby area.
- Special program – customised private lessons for Atherton and Santa Clara
How to Start:
- Equipment: We recommend a board and a full set of safety gear. This includes: a helmet, elbow pads, knee pads, and wrist guards. Rental equipment is available.
- Location: We can do lessons in your driveway, in your garage, or at the San Jose skate park.
San Jose, California Skate Parks
Apart from driveways and garages, another GOSKATE’s favorite locations for skateboarding lessons, camps and classes are San Jose skate parks. These skate parks are well-designed to provide the thrill and fun to skaters visiting the place.
- Mayfair Park – Perfect for street skateboarding camps and classes, Mayfair Park is another wonderful location to do those flips and glides! It has a lot of urban obstacles such as handrails, park benches and so on. The park closes an hour before sunset.
- Roosevelt Park – Measuring about 10,000 sq. feet, Roosevelt is packed with ledges and rails. It also has a huge bowl and a flat ground that allow skateboarders to glide tricks smoothly. Roosevelt is appropriately maintained therefore, you are guaranteed that it is very safe and clean.
- Stonegate Park – With several ledges, rails and vert walls, San Jose skateboarding classes will certainly be fun here in Stonegate. There are areas where beginners can practice gradually. Stonegate also has their own bowl!
- Great Oaks Park – Another clean and safe skate park location for beginners who are still trying to master skateboarding, Great Oaks Park is certainly a good location in San Jose, California. The area is clean, with no unnecessary debris and crooked surfaces that can injure a skateboarder. They also have amazing vert walls, ledges and rails perfect for all skateboarding styles!
- Plata Arroyo Park – A huge skate park packed with so many obstacles such as vert walls, rails, cradles and so on, here’s one of GoSkate.com’s favorites! Ideal for both beginners and professionals who would love to feel the thrill and excitement skateboarding provides.
Who we Serve:
- Ages: 4 through 104
- Ability: Beginner through Competition-Style Advanced
OUR SKATE INSTRUCTORS
I have been skating for over 10 years I do it for the love and I can do the basics to advanced tricks and whatnot so yea if you want to learn how to ollie or trey flip I’m your guy. I have been doing skateboard lessons for kids, adults, and young adults so I am confident that I can help you move forward with your skateboarding and you will take advantage of any lessons that you purchase and that I teach you.
I will be a great skate instructor! because I will be as detailed as possible to make them learn new tricks in an effective way. They’re free to ask me anything, I’m nice and friendly and will make their skate lesson fun and productive. I will give tips and advice so they can understand more about a specific trick they want to learn. Safety will always be a priority, I will be instructing them on what the best way to do a trick is and help them progress. I would love to teach and make my students develop new skills!
What will you learn?
- Safety Techniques
- Proper Stance
- How to Ride and Push
- How to Turn
- How to Stay Steady Going Down Hills
- How to Ride Ramps
- How to do Tricks
Skatepark at Santa Clara
Santa Clara Skatepark is a well-known skateboarding park located in the heart of Silicon Valley. The park features a variety of unique obstacles, including a full pipe, a large bowl, and a street section with rails, stairs, and ledges. It is a popular destination for skateboarders of all ages and skill levels because of its variety of features, smooth concrete surface, and spacious layout.
The park also offers amenities such as restrooms, benches, and shade structures, making it a comfortable and convenient spot for skaters to spend the day. Additionally, Santa Clara Skatepark is known for its welcoming and inclusive community, where skaters of all backgrounds and experience levels can come together to share their love for the sport. Overall, it is a favorite spot for skaters in the Bay Area and beyond, attracting visitors from all over the world.
Our San Jose skateboarding lessons are offered for as low as $200 and up, depending on your chosen packages. We also offer equipment rentals so if you are a beginner who wants to try the sports out, no need to buy those gears right away! Try our equipment first and we are certain that you will enjoy our succeeding San Jose skateboarding camps again!
SAN JOSE CA SKATEBOARD LESSONS
We can teach you at your home in the San Jose city limits or can travel to you all the way to Saratoga to Morgan Hill to Pleasanton.
🛹 Abbie’s Skateboard Journey 🌟
7-year-old Abbie from San Jose, CA is on a roll! 🤩 Certified Skate Instructor Jose G. brought the skatepark to her driveway, and the results were impressive. 🙌
Abbie embraced the fundamentals and soared through her injury-free lesson. 🚀 Her passion and progress were evident, proving that 1-on-1 skateboard lessons offer a tailored and speedy learning experience. 🌠 Get ready to see Abbie conquer the skate world, one driveway at a time! 🛹
Meet Steven & Lino, two talented kids from San Jose, CA, who are absolutely loving their beginner skateboard lessons with the fantastic Skate Instructor Charlotte C. at John Mise Park (594 Park Meadow Dr, San Jose, CA 95129). Building strong foundations and boosting confidence in their skateboarding journey!
Skateboarding-Lessons of San Jose was developed to help motivated youth demographic that wants to participate in the lifestyle and skilled regiment of skate boarding. We take great pride in helping people of all ages learn how to skateboard.
GOSKATE is passionate in it’s desire to provide the means through it’s Skate School lessons to being a confident skateboarder, by providing the premiere school for all ages and abilities throughout California.
Skateboarding is a fun and exciting activity to both kids and adults. It has been around for over 8 decades. The use of skateboards started during the 1940s and it was initially used for transportation purposes. After some time, it had gained popularity and became one of the most relished recreational activities in America. In fact, around 5000 skate parks exist in USA where enthusiasts practice and compete against other skateboarders.
Based on statistics presented by American Sports Data, there are about 18.5 million of skateboarders all over the world in 2002 and about 9.3 million skateboarders are from Canada and America who are under the age of 18. About 90% of skateboarding enthusiasts are men. It is believed that the number has doubled today, which indicates that skateboarding has lured a lot of people to try how amazing and fun it really is.
However, there are some misconceptions about the safety of the aforementioned sport which uplift fear to parents and probable enthusiasts. Skateboarding camps and classes may look delicate but with proper guidance and gears, accidents will be prevented. In fact, based on a research conducted by the Canadian Amateur Skateboarding Association to 100,000 participants, only 20.2 was injured due to skateboarding while 223.5 cases were due to basketball. All sports have its own risks so we just really have to be very careful in doing it. Let GoSkate.com’s professional skateboarders train you and we assure you be able to glide like a breeze! Join our skateboarding camps and classes today!
GOSKATE ensures that only efficient skateboarding lessons will be provided to our students aiming to master the sport. We accept students ages 4 years old and up, both men and women. We value each student’s capabilities, thus, different teaching techniques will be applied to each student. We will help you overcome your fears and qualms and assuring you that by the end of our skateboarding lessons, you will have the urge to try something more exciting and amusing – probably the huge cradles, bowls and vert walls!
When Skateboarding Lessons Are Offered in San Jose
GOSKATE offers skateboard lessons and classses at all skateparks in the San Jose area or in your driveway, 7 days a week. We can accomodate lessons at most times. If you would like lessons at a skate park, we recommend morning lessons so that the skate parks are more conducive to learning. To schedule a lesson or to get more info, please fill out the form below.
We also provide skateboarding lessons to residents of San Jose, California and nearby towns such as Sunnyvale, Mountain View, Palo Alto, Redwood City, Milpitas, Fremont, Union City, and so on. For our list of skateboarding lesson locations, please check it here.
Where to buy skate equipment in San Jose?
There are several skate shops located in San Jose, California, catering to skateboarders of all levels:
1. Skateworks is a popular skate shop in San Jose, located at 379 State Street. They have a wide selection of skateboards, longboards, trucks, wheels, and accessories. Skateworks is known for its friendly and knowledgeable staff who can help you find the right gear for your style and skill level.
2. Circle-A Skateboards is a local skate shop located at 108 Paseo de San Antonio Walk. They specialize in custom-made skateboards and also offer a variety of decks, trucks, wheels, and accessories. Circle-A Skateboards has a loyal following of customers who appreciate their attention to detail and personalized service.
3. Atlas Skateshop is a skateboard and streetwear store located at 209 Jackson Street. They offer a wide selection of skateboards, clothing, shoes, and accessories from top brands such as Nike, Vans, and Thrasher. Atlas Skateshop is known for its cool and trendy vibe and friendly staff.
4. SoCal Skateshop is a skateboarding and streetwear store located at 2947 Monterey Road. They offer a wide selection of skateboards, longboards, trucks, wheels, and accessories, as well as clothing and shoes from top brands such as Adidas, Vans, and Converse. SoCal Skateshop is known for its vast inventory and online presence, serving skateboarders all over the world.