|Hours of Operation||Park Hours: 7:00 a.m. to Sunset
9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Monday – Sunday
|Amenities and Facilities|
A 36-hole Disc Golf course, which consists of 18 holes in K1 and 18 holes in K2.
A 120′ x 120′ skate court features a variety of ramps, jumps and grinding rails for skaters of different skill levels, and also features shaded bleachers for spectators. The skate court is operated by the skateboard management group Sugars Drop Shop, which also operates skateboard facilities at Westwind Lakes and Country Village Parks.
Open at 1:00 p.m., weekdays; 10 a.m., Saturdays; 11:00 a.m., Sundays/holidays; and closes daily at sundown. The cost to skate is $2 weekdays and $5 on weekends/holidays. The facility offers skateboard and helmet rentals, as well as lessons for beginners. For details contact Sugars Drop Shop at 786-537-2016.
Kendall Indian Hammocks Action Sports Plaza
The Indian Hammocks Action Sports Plaza is a 14,000 square foot out door concrete plaza. Inspired by iconic skateboarding meccas such as Love Park in Philadelphia and the Embarcadero in San Francisco, The plaza not only recreates the types of features skaters are already riding “in the streets” with several different sized rail, stairs, launch ramp and hubba combinations but also features a few of classic skate park features like the bank ramp, vert wall and a new rendition of the miniramp. The park is well lit for night sessions and is open 365 days a year, weather permitting. Skateboards, inline skates, BMX and scooters are all permitted.
Helmets are mandatory for all park patrons under the age of 18 and can be rented for $2 at the proshop.
Sugars Drop Shop is a full service skate shop located at the Indian Hammocks Action Sports Plaza. We offer a variety of tried and true quality skateboard products at reduced prices. We are staffed by friendly, knowledgeable skaters who know their product and are there to help out with repairs, questions or trick tips. We offer a variety of camps, clinics, lessons and birthday party options.
Park fees are $2 weekdays, $5 Weekends and holidays.
Hours: 1pm to dusk weekdays, Saturdays 10am to dusk, and Sundays, holidays and school days off 12pm to dusk.
Kendall Skate Park Address:
11395 SW 79 Street, Kendall, FL
SKATE PARK SPRING/SUMMER HOURS
9 AM TO 9 PM (Weather Permitting)
Kendall Skate Park Hours
Skate park hours: dusk til dawn
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Skateboarding, in-line skating, and BMX freestyle biking are “High Risk Activities”. Wear a helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, and wrist guards at all times. (Know your ability and skate or ride accordingly.)
2. The skate park is a skate or ride at your own risk non-supervised facility designed for skateboarding (34″ maximum length), in-line skating (4-wheel maximum per skate), and BMX freestyle biking only.
3. The skate park hours will be posted at the entry. The Kendall City “No Trespassing” ordinance will be enforced when the park is closed.
4. Motorized vehicles, scooters, or other wheeled devices are not allowed within the skate park.
5. Inspect the surfaces before you ride them. Remove all trash, debris, and objects that may prevent a smooth safe ride. Report any damage of skate park surfaces to the Kendall City Parks and Recreation Department
6. No skating or riding when wet, raining, snowing or during skate park maintenance periods.
7. Graffiti in the skate park is illegal and will not be tolerated. Keep the park surfaces clean as graffiti and abuse will close the park for paint removal and repairs.
8. This park has been designed for beginner to intermediate skill levels. Be courteous to others using the facility and other park patrons. Parental supervision is strongly recommended.
9. Profanity, reckless and boisterous behavior is prohibited.
10. No competitive or demonstration events or amplified music are allowed without prior written approval from the Kendall City Parks and Recreation Department.
11. Smoking, illegal drug use and consumption of alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited.
12. Public restrooms and telephones are located at the scorekeepers building (seasonally).
13. Violations of any of these rules or regulations may result in closing of the skate park facility,and/or violators may be ejected and banned from the facility.
A concrete park of decent size.. good for beginners and experts alike..
Go Skate does not oversee this park. Skate at your own personal liability. Wear proper head, elbow, elbow, and wrist protection at all times. Go Skate will not be liable for injury at these parks. For more questions above detailed guidelines at this park, call the town recreation department staff.
Go Skate offers skateboard lessons at Kendall Skatepark. If you are getting hurt a lot then you may want to consider taking a lesson with Go Skate, The Nation’s Elite Skateboard Lesson Service. Kendall Skate Lessons
Directions to Skate Park:
- 'No new videos.'